The ten commandments of a proper trucker
The results of a questionnaire on the internet revealed several typical truck driver behaviours that most frequently disturbed other drivers. It also revealed truck driver behaviour appreciated by others. Take a small test of your driving behaviour and see whether you are a trucker who is pleasant to pass on the road or your conduct is not exactly considerate.
How do inconsiderate drivers behave?
- Suddenly swerving while overtaking
- Taking a long time to overtake
- Driving too close to the back of the car in front of them (tailgating)
- Not observing speed limits in towns and villages
- Blocking the third lane and annoying other drivers
Is that you? 🙁 There is always room for improvement—you can find some ideas for improvement below.
How do considerate drivers behave?
- Following the zipper rule
- Good drivers, not aggressive drivers
- Do not abuse the size of their vehicles
- Respect weather/climate conditions
- Anticipate the behaviour of other drivers
Do you behave like this? You are a trucker hero, congratulations! 🙂
What type of behaviour from other drivers annoys you?